Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
260 Cottonwood Street, Ketchum, ID 83340
Phone: +1 208-726-5336 | Fax: 208/726-2081 | 52 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
The Best Western Tyrolean Lodge is a beautiful Austrian style hotel overlooking majestic Bald Mountain. The 52 room inn is located in a quiet residential neighborhood within walking distance to Bald Mountains River Run Lodge and steps away from the bike path, yet a five minute walk puts you in the heart of downtown Ketchum, featuring dining, shopping, art galleries, nightlife and much more.
Surrounded by the Sawtooth National Forest, you will find that hiking, biking, golf, fishing, horseback riding and rafting are all within your reach, reflecting the active outdoor lifestyle of the Sun Valley/Ketchum area.
Our hotel incorporates today's amenities while maintaining the original Austrian décor. We invite you to step back into the classic, old-world charm of the Best Western Tyrolean Lodge, and we look forward to visiting with you and your family on your next trip to Sun Valley/Ketchum. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Outdoor pool Heated open year round
- Complimentary breakfast
- Hot tub, outdoor, open year round
- Complimentary full breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffle bar, oatmeal bar, yogurt, pastries, bagels, coffee, tea and juice
- Exercise facility
- Guest laundry Coin operated washer & dryer are available. Nominal fee per wash and per dry. Quarters are available at the front desk 7:00am - 11:00pm. Laundry soap & dryer sheets are available at the front desk 7:00am to 11:00pm for a nominal fee.
- Austrian decor
- 24-hour front desk Front Desk is open 7:00am to 11:00pm. Guest Services can be contacted 24 hours a day. Express Check out is available, please contact Front Desk for further information.
- Ice/vending machines
- Local shuttle, local ski shuttle to ski area. Winter only.
- Free parking, outdoors
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services available 7:00am to 11:00pm at Front Desk
- Photocopy services
- High-speed Internet access
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- Game room, full of family entertainment with air hockey, ping pong and foosball. Also numerous games located in the lobby.
- Cable or satellite television Direct TV with HBO
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, computer available with printing abilities 24-hours a day. Fax, Copy and Scanning services are available at the Front Desk 7:00am to 11:00pm
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Fax, Copy and Scanning services 7:00am to 11:00pm
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western tyrolean lodge in Ketchum.
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
Conveniently located, the best western tyrolean lodge in Ketchum, Idaho is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.675225 / Latitude: -114.363785
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The south. Take US 75 through Ketchum to 2nd stop light Sun Valley Road. Turn left on to Sun Valley Road, follow until Sun Valley Rd turns onto 3rd Avenue. The Best Western Tyrolean Lodge is located at the corner of 3rd Avenue and Cottonwood Street.
From: The north. Take US 75 through Ketchum to 2nd stop light Sun Valley Road. Turn right on to Sun Valley Road, follow until Sun Valley Rd turns onto 3rd Avenue. The Best Western Tyrolean Lodge is located at the corner of 3rd Avenue and Cottonwood Street.
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A tribute to the town’s long history of skiing, the Sun Valley's Bald Mountain, the Ketchum Sun Valley Historical Society Heritage & Ski Museum is located in Ketchum, Idaho. Established in 1989, the Ketchum Sun Valley Historical Society’s mission is to keep the region’s history alive for future generations.
The Museum, in partnership with the Sawtooth Science Institute, offers educational programs on ecology, biology and natural history, while also conducting field study alongside researchers affiliated with Idaho State University.
Showcasing high-altitude plants, the Sawtooth Botanical Garden is located in Ketchum, Idaho, less than three hours east of Boise. Its five main gardens, the Sagebrush Steppe garden, Lava Rock garden, Alpine garden, Montane garden and Riparian garden, are designed to represent the five biomes of south-central Idaho.
Visitors of all ages are invited to tour the gardens to view an extensive list of plants such as the Colorado Blue Columbine, Baltic Rush, and the Rosy Pussytoes. The Gardens are also a popularly rented venue for special events and parties.
See White Cloud Mountain at Sawtooth NRA
Central Idaho travelers have plenty of options for recreational fun. Make time to explore Sawtooth National Recreation Area, encompassing 756,000 acres of land, north and west of Ketchum.
This beautiful recreation area was established in 1972 by the U.S. Congress in order to protect the land in this area of Idaho.
The White Cloud Mountain and a portion of the Boulder Mountains are on either side of this protected area. Although no motorized vehicles are allowed, there are plenty of year-round recreational opportunities, for exploring this vast recreation area.
Bring your mountain bike and hit the trails in this premier recreation area. Try any of the 350 miles of trails through the Sawtooth Wilderness area.
Horseback riders, rock climbers, hunters and snowshoers are also permitted in the Wilderness area. Kayaking, white water rafting and fishing are popular activities on the Salmon River, Boise River, Big Wood River and Payette River, as well as on one of the hundreds of lakes located in the recreation area.
With an elevation of 9,150 feet, Sun Valley's Bald Mountain is set alongside the Big Wood River, near Ketchum, Idaho. Affectionately known as "Baldy," its long, gradient runs make it the primary ski mountain for the Sun Valley Ski Resort.
In addition to an annual 220 inches of snowfall, Sun Valley Ski Resort provides the mountain with 645 acres of snowmaking, which lengthens the skiing season while making some courses easier for beginner-level skiers. Ideal of avid skiers and the novice alike, Bald Mountain is always a great option in Idaho.
More Area Attractions & Services
- .3 mile(s) from River Run Ski Lift
- .3 mile(s) from Bald Mountain
- .3 mile(s) from Wood River Trail System, with 30 miles for bike path running through Sun Valley, Hailey and Ketchum
- 1 mile(s) from Bigwood River, open year round, river runs through Ketchum
- 1 mile(s) from Sun Valley Ski Resort
- 1 mile(s) from Ketchum City Hall
- 1 mile(s) from Atkinson Park, with outdoor tennis courts
- 2 mile(s) from local fishing
- 2 mile(s) from Sun Valley Gun Club
- 3 mile(s) from Sun Valley Animal Center
- 3 mile(s) from Hemmingway Memorial, memorial to Ernest Hemmingway
- 3 mile(s) from Adams Gulch Trails, open June - October, hiking and biking trails
- 3 mile(s) from Sun Valley Resort Golf Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones, open June - September
- 3 mile(s) from Bigwood Golf Club, open June - September
- 5 mile(s) from Sun Valley Center for the Arts
- 5 mile(s) from Elkhorn Resort Golf Club, designed by Robert Trent Jones, open June - September
- 7 mile(s) from Sawtooth National Recreation Area, largest recreation area in the Northwest
- 11 mile(s) from Liberty Theater, stage theater
- 12 mile(s) from Sun Valley Soaring, open year round, glider rides
- 22 mile(s) from Galena Lodge
- 30 mile(s) from Silver Creek Preserve
- 30 mile(s) from Sawtooth National Forest, open year round, whitewater rafting, camping and hiking
- 38 mile(s) from Magic Resevoir Dam
- 40 mile(s) from Galena Stage Stop Corrals
- 45 mile(s) from Shore Ice Caves, underground ice caves, open Memorial Day to Labor Day
- 50 mile(s) from Mystic Saddle Ranch LLC, horseback riding
- 60 mile(s) from Redfish Lake, open June through September, largest moutain fed lake in the Northwest
- 60 mile(s) from Salmon River
- 75 mile(s) from Scenic Byway 75, open year round, starting in Ketchum and ending in Stanley
- 75 mile(s) from Mountain Home Air Force Base
- 80 mile(s) from Custer Gold Mine, open June - September, working gold mine with dredge
- 80 mile(s) from Niagara Springs, Jerome
- 115 mile(s) from Carmela Vineyards, open daily with tours by appointment only
- 120 mile(s) from Craters of the Moon National Monument
- 1 mile(s) from Giacobbi Square, shopping mall
- 1 mile(s) from Galleria Building, shopping mall
- 1 mile(s) from Legacy Antiques, Angel Wings, Davies Reid, Lyman Drake - Antique Imports and Shangri-la Antiques
- 2 mile(s) from Blue Haven Antiques
- 14 mile(s) from Lone Star Antiques
- 14 mile(s) from Kings Discount Department Store
- 14 mile(s) from Sears and J.C. Penney's
- 1 mile(s) from Ketchum Grill, Bar/Lounge, Continental, Open for: dinner, open year round 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., serving pasta, pizza and steaks, reservations not required, casual Idaho contemporary, rustic building
- 6 block(s) from Sawtooth Club, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, 4:30 p.m. for dinner
- 8 block(s) from Pioneer Saloon, Full Service, American, Open for: dinner, 4:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. for dinner only, no reservations
- 6 block(s) from Desperado's, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, Closed on Sundays
- 1 mile(s) from The Kneadery, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, Breakfast
- 6 block(s) from Cornerstone Bar and Grill, Full Service, Continental, Open for: dinner,
- 6 block(s) from Smoky Mountain Pizza, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 8 block(s) from Rico's, Full Service, Italian, Open for: dinner,
- 8 block(s) from Enoteca, Full Service, Mediterranean, Open for: dinner,
- 8 block(s) from Il Naso, Full Service, Italian, Open for: dinner,
- 8 block(s) from Warfield Brewery, Full Service, Continental, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from China Panda, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 6 block(s) from Sushi on Second, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: dinner,
- 10 block(s) from Wiseguy's Pizza, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.5 mile(s) from Grumpy's Bar and Grill, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Sports bar and Restaurant
- 10 block(s) from Lefty's Bar and Grill, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Sports Bar with bar food
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Ketchum. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean